Thursday, August 4, 2016

Made to Crave

As, I mentioned before me and some of my girls in my accountability group are collectively studying "Made to Crave". So here is a little gem I received this evening. What stood out to me the most in tonight's reading was her break down of the definition of compromise. I have never really dug into it before. I mean, we all know it means to give something up but to think of it as exposing me or making me vulnerable...well gosh, how much more vulnerable can I be than right now on this journey? And then to top it off another definition of the word is to weaken...YIKES!!! Have you ever considered that before...that every time you compromise your commitment to getting fit and healthy that in some way your weakened....holy moly. But to know that I was made for more than compromise. I was made for more than constantly giving away something or a piece of me. Isn't that sort of the way you feel when you give in to a temptation? Like you just gave up some part of you that you wanted, like a piece of your new found growth,like some part of the new you that was developing.. I do.. I/We are made for more, we are made for God's promises, in every area of our life. Don't fall for the lies that Satan whispers to you....you know that little voice in your head that says it's not fair that you can't eat that, or you deserve the chocolate cake. And don't let him tell you how good it will feel in the moment. Think about how you will feel in the morning or immediately after for that matter. That helps a lot when I think about drinking. I think of everything I will be throwing away, how disappointed I will be in myself, not to mention my family. Now that latter part doesn't necessarily coincide with getting healthy but you would essentially be give away all that you've worked so hard to build. Don't Compromise.....

No comments:

Post a Comment