Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Blessings of being a coach


So today as I was driving my youngest daughter to school I couldn't help but think about how blessed I am to live the life that I live. I get to be apart of my children's daily activities in their lives. I get to take my daughter to school everyday and be there in that god awful car pool lane (GRRR!!!) in the afternoons to pick her up ;)  My son is a long jumper on the Kennesaw state track team and will start traveling for their season this weekend and I get to go to all of his meets. My oldest daughter a senior at Georgia State comes by sometimes in the afternoon just to hang out or for a workout. My middle daughter I get together in the middle of the day sometimes for shopping and hair appointments and I get to be their when they need me. I remember when they were all younger and I had to work outside of the home. I would miss countless dance recitals, T-ball games orchestra concerts, plays and basketball games because I couldn't always get off of work. I've had to leave my family on Thanksgiving day right after we ate dinner to go work for someone else adding value to their life instead of mine. Miss trick or treating when they were little because no one would take my shift. Not anymore, I now have the freedom of my own time. I get to be there for my daughter to pick her up. I get to go to all of my sons collegiate athletic events even the ones out of state. I don't have to ask my boss (someone else) for more time off to be a mom anymore. I am so thankful that this is my reality now. I get to be the mom I always wanted to be in more ways then one. I get to have the life that I dreamed of having as a little girl growing up in the hood. I am so grateful that I took a chance with the beachbody coaching opportunity when it was brought to me. I get to use my passion for health and fitness to change my families life and the lives of some many others and have the life that I wanted as a kid. My only wish is.......... I wish it had been brought to me when my kids were little so I didn't have to miss so many things.


For more information about coaching or joining my team send me a message on my facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/phyllis.thompson.1865

No comments:

Post a Comment