Sunday, March 20, 2016

Finding Balance

It has been quite some time since I have been able to get on here and blog. I am in the process of building my fitness business, finishing my degree and being a wife and mother. Sometimes I find it to be exhausting and overwhelming. I get frustrated when I can't get all of the things done that need to be completed in a day. I find myself some days just not wanting to do anything for lack of knowing where to start. But I say a prayer and I ask God for guidance and to help me dig deep, be genuine and be of service. Then I just get started with a list of my tasks for the day, with priorities at the top and sometimes that helps...LOL But at least it gets me started. Still not all things get done and I get easily distracted so something I was expecting to do may get done; like adding my widget on here last week on a day that I was supposed to be building a community page. I knew I wanted to add it but I didn't know how at the time and I didn't know when, but I was doing something and it stuck out to me one day how to do so I did.. instead of whatever else I was supposed to be doing. Like at this very moment it has just occurred to me there are three things that absolutely have to get done today and I am tempted to stop this to go do them... UGH!!! Usually I would but I am really working on spending focused blocked time on certain tasks to help me become more organized and more efficient. But I have such a bad memory that while on those tasks I have to keep a running list of things that pop into my mind that I must write down so I don't forget to do them.....now the risk with that is...it's shiny objects. If I get to wrapped up in that list I may spend my blocked time doing that daydreaming and doodling instead of the task at hand.. I am working on that and praying for help with it. I also try to bring myself back to the task at hand so it is getting better. I guess with more practice it won't take so much effort and every deviation teaching me something new. What I need to plan for, what adjustments I have to make etc. That in itself is growth for me, being able to acknowledge the places where I fall short of my intentions or goals as teachable moments  and not failures, learn from them and apply them. So here's to growth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment