Monday, July 4, 2016

Becoming me

Today I ran the worlds largest 10K and I had the time of my life. The Peachtree road race was like a 6.2 mile party.  There was music, people in costume, radio stations, pure comradery and love. I finished in 1:38:24 minutes a little over what I wanted but it's ok, it gives me a place to work from for next year. I cried a little as I got close to the finish line. To be here, to be this person is a true blessing. 2 years ago all I could do was dream of doing the things I do today as I recovered from being shit-faced the night before. I never thought I would do the things I used to dream about. I never thought I would quit smoking cigarettes, I never thought I could give up drinking and I never thought I would get sober and doing all of the things I used to talk about doing. To be here is a blessings. I am so in love with the new me. I am in love with my new love for life and desire to be and do better with every passing day and I thank God for getting me sober. I thank God for allowing me to see that I truly am capable of doing anything and everything he put in me and that I put my mind to. I do what I say I am going to do now. I train for races and events and I stay true to my convictions. I eat clean and I take care of myself better than I ever have before. I am finally growing into the person I have always wanted to be. I am finally becoming me, not the me I want people to think I am, but the real..... true to my core me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment