Friday, September 23, 2016

Don't Fall this Fall

Yesterday was the first day of Fall. I like Fall, of course my favorite seasons are Spring and Summer, which will be back before you know it. But the fashion for Fall...oohhhh!!! man. I cannot wait to buy some fluffy big collar sweaters and scarves and I have my eye on these Burberry boots that I just have to have. Yes I have a shopping addiction and I don't care...lol But I also like that the temps drop so I can run more and any time of the day. But as soon as it gets cold I don't run outdoors. Something about the cold air going into my chest always gives me a cold, a yucky one too.

The time change gets me though, which is probably why I don't like Fall and Winter as much. It gets a lot of people, you feel sadder, less motivated, we tend to eat more and move less. Then before you know it your in a full fledged free for all and there is no stopping you and the holidays just give you all the more reason to do what feels good....eat, hang out with family, go to parties and ignore your health. The only way to keep that from happening is to be proactive, you know it's coming so plan ahead now. Make the changes now. I know what my schedule will be like until this semester is over in December. My husband has a new job and is in control of the entire east coast so he will be traveling more which means I won't have any help. I need to decide now to take control of my life and plan ahead for success. I already know what my goal is for every month the rest of this year. I already know what programs I will be doing each of those months for the rest of this year. I have my accountability groups planned so my support is already in place. I know that to get my workouts in I have to plan to do them first thing in the morning, because as the day goes on and when the sun goes down at 5 pm it will be like pulling teeth to get me moving. I plan on pulling out my crock pot for soups, stews and one pot meals to help me on those days I am short on time. I know what I struggle with, so it is time for me to put systems in placed now so when the season hits I am already in a routine to sustain me reaching my goals. As I keep saying the holidays are going to get here and the rest of the year is going to go by in a blur and before you know it we will be staring down 2017 and trying to figure out the same thing as last new years...... Don't let that be you...not again.

Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment