Saturday, February 20, 2016


I have always wanted to be the kind of person that grows her own food, goes lobster diving in the ocean to get my dinner (I actually met a couple in Ft. Lauderdale that do that and they give lessons so someday soon) clamming for clams, making my own dressings and healthy treats. Like living off the land and being in complete control of what I put into my body. So although I haven't gotten to the point of growing and catching my own dinners, I am making my own dressings.....So that's a step in the right direction right ?!?!.. LOL   This dressing is one of my favorites, it is lip smackin'  This recipe calls for Miso paste which I found in the refrigerated section of Kroger. Now it was a bit on the expensive side but it lasts a really long time and you can make dressings of course, and use it in soups. I also use it in soba noodle bowls and all sorts of great healthy foods with an Asian flare. My daughter and I love Asian food but usually the only way to get it healthy (low sodium and less oil) is to make it ourselves, which is a great way to have fun and spend time together, so it's a great little find to have.  Then my other little fun new thing is putting things in these cute little jars....it looks like breast milk doesn't it..hehehe!!  Where were these things when I was breastfeeding? Anyway I hope you enjoy it.

A serving size is 2 tbsp.
1 Tbsp. Miso paste
1/4 cup of rice vinegar
1/4 cup of water
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 clove of garlic chopped
1 green onion chopped
1/2 raw honey or pure maple syrup (I personally used the honey for the hint of sweetness, pure maple syrup isn't very sweet)
5 Tbsp. olive oil
Now although this recipe calls for a green onion I didn't have any left so I made it without it and it was yummy.
Place miso paste, vinegar, water, ginger, garlic, and honey in blender; cover and blend until smooth
Keep refrigerated between uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment