Saturday, February 20, 2016




I love it when I find a healthy recipe that I can use to substitute for some of my favorite unhealthy foods. These chicken fingers are surprisingly crispy. I have never been able to make crispy baked chicken fingers. So needless to say I was a little worried when I tried it, but they came out delicious and crispy. I even used the leftovers on top of my salad for lunch the next day. I used whole wheat breadcrumbs this time but I am going to try to go even healthier next time and make my own "coating" if you will.

           
  • 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs                      
  • 1/2  of herbal seasoning (Italian seasonings)         
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Coarse Himalayan salt and ground pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (about 16)

    1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine herbal seasonings, onion and garlic powders, 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper then add your oil and combine. Make sure you use a large enough bowl to put the chicken in to be coated.         
    2. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Then lightly beat your eggs in a small bowl. Dip chicken in eggs (allowing excess to drip off), then dredge in crumb mixture, patting to help it stick. Place coated chicken on rack, and put them in the oven.          
    3. Bake until chicken until cooked throughout, 12 to 14 minutes.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment