Sunday, February 14, 2016

The stuggle of weight loss

I am a little frustrated at the moment. My weight loss has stalled and I am starting to snack on unhealthy foods again out of sheer frustration. So I just had to let this little breakdown happen so I could sit in it long enough to remember just how miserable it will make me. That's apart of the journey right? If losing weight and getting healthy was easy everyone would be doing it. It's not easy and it does mess with you mentally. It can be exhausting and sometimes I feel like, if nothing is changing then why not go back to eating whatever the heck I want. Feeling like this is normal and I have to remind myself of that. It does help that I have noticed how yucky I feel. I feel tired and sick, it's a weird sick feeling. It's not like a cold its more like an icky feeling. Headachy, my mind feels cloudy, I am sleepy... I just don't feel good. So I had to take a step back and really revisit my goals really think about what I want to feel like and look like. What do I want my quality of life to be, because that's what it all boils down to right?  I know I don't want to feel like this so figure out what is wrong with what I am doing and do something about it, fix it. I went back to tracking what I was eating with the my fitness pal app and cross referencing that with my 21 day fix app to track my containers and I noticed I was having way to many blues (healthy fats) I was having 3 a day instead of 1. But that couldn't be the only culprit could it? I then noticed that I wasn't counting my almond milk, just about everything that I put into my body counts. So I went back to see not only was I not tracking it or counting it I was having too much of it. Then I had starting eating the chocolate chips meant for my shakes while I was making my shake....UGH!!! It is so easy to throw yourself off track and get frustrated and throw in the towel. But then what? What are my options then, just give up...No that is not an option for me. So today, on meal prep day when I go grocery shopping I need to think about what I am eating this week for all meals, I have to make sure I am portioning them out without any deviations. I won't buy the little extras that I keep for adding to my shakes like the chocolate chips ;( and go from there. My husband also pointed out to me that I spend a lot of time being sedentary. I workout but outside of that I am in school a few days a week and then I come home and work on my computer or do homework which I am sitting for. So I will add in taking the dog for longer walks in between work and study sessions. The funny thing is I did not want to hear that from him, how crazy is that? I know all of the right things to do and to tell people to do. But when he was pointing out something I needed to change I was a little pissed off. How dare he tell me I sit too much. I am working?!?!  If I take an extra 30 minutes to go walk the dog, do you know how much time that takes away from something else that I can be doing?!? Then I thought about the things I want to say to people when they tell me they are too busy to plan their meals or workout.... You have to make you a priority or your body will make you take time for it by making you sick. So although I am still a little angry, he is right. As they say the truth hurts. I now have a plan going into this week. Stick to my meal plan and go back to portioning everything, take dog walk breaks for at least 30 minutes a couple of days this week, still follow my workouts and take a deep breath, meditate. Focus on my goals and remember and acknowledge my successes, it all matters and remember just how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment