Saturday, June 25, 2016

21 Day fix sweet potato hash

21 Day Fix Sweet Potato Hash

 I decided yesterday that in order for me to have a chance at making it the next 34 days I have to have food I look forward to making and eating.

I was so glad I went with this for breakfast today. I thought about it all night. And the fact that it fits into my stricter eating day is such a plus😃

 
21 Day fix sweet potato hash and turkey bacon (I added that) topped with beautiful poached eggs😋

I think I like this dish also because my dad used to make corned beef hash when I was a kid and I loved it. But this version is so much better for you.  Following the 21 day fix countdown to competition meal plan seemed a bit daunting at first but I am really enjoying the food. My next Fitness accountability group will be following meal plans, delicious recipes like this and workouts from the 21 day fix so send me a message or comment below to grab a spot. We are going to kick some ass and take some names for the rest of summer and make it the fittest and most fun summer yet.


2 8oz sweet potatoes peeled and diced
1/2 of a red onion sliced thin
3 cloves garlic sliced thin
1/2 tsp cumin
3 tsp olive oil
Dash of sea salt
Dash of black pepper

In a large frying pan heat olive oil at medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add in the sweet potatoes, let cook until golden brown on the side that is in contact with the pan. Flip and continue cooking until all sides are a golden brown. About 5-7 min. Add in the onions,garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until onions and garlic are browned.
Set to the side.
In medium sauce pan poach 2 eggs.

Take 1 yellow containers worth of the sweet potato hash  mixture and top with the poached eggs.
Container equivalent: 1 red container, 1 yellow container,  & 1 1/2 tsp

No comments:

Post a Comment