Saturday, September 10, 2016

Longevity

Happy Saturday morning, yet another week coming to a close. It all seems to be going by so fast. I was just thinking this morning I will be 41 soon and the thought of that makes me cringe because I do not like getting older. As a matter of fact I went through a phase where I refused to acknowledge my birthdays and then I started to embrace it because of how I was losing weight and feeling about myself but I think that I am back to hating them again.

  So I have decided to use this inevitable aging process as my fuel. That is what got me started in health and fitness in the first place. If I can look like this at 40 what could proper nutrition and exercise continue to do for me as I age. So I skip a meal out with the hubs or friends here and there. I go to bed a bit earlier than most folks. I spend a little more on all natural, hormone and antibiotic free meats for this reason. I pay a little more for my shakes because of what is and isn't in them. I pay a little more for organic fruits and veggies because of what's not sprayed on them. I take the money that I would spend on weaves, expensive shoes and handbags and I reinvest in the body that I hope will sustain me as my cells naturally degenerate. I do all of this because it is scientifically proven that we can slow the process of aging. We now have the science, technology and knowledge to live longer than man has ever lived before, so I invest in that. Now don't get me wrong, I still buy nice things and I still pay way to much on my hair, but I hold my health at the top of that priority list. There is no price that can be put on my desire to live the longest, healthiest life possible, there is no price for longevity, not for me. 

Anyways, have a wonderful Saturday and remember every choice you make today determines your value in your longevity. They don't all have to be good but most of them should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment