Saturday, January 7, 2017

Reset time

At the beginning of every year I do a spiritual fast with my church and last year I decided I would do the Ultimate Reset at the same time. The Ultimate Reset is sort of a cellular reboot for your body. So I will not only be resetting my body spiritually, but also on a cellular level. So it is that time of year again and as I gear up to begin this journey come Monday morning I have a little apprehension in my heart. My life isn't exactly in a good place to go on a spiritual mission, or personally and it has taken a toll on my mind, my diet and my body. I can't focus, I feel weepy and so uncertain. With this comes the doubt that I will not be able to endure during this fasting season. My heart, my head and my spirit just isn't in it. I am not in the mood for deprivation, the feelings of lack or want and I am not sure if I will be able to carry out this plan. But it is upon me and I don't think it would be beneficial for me to decide to skip it. This could be just the opportunity I need to stretch, grow and get out of whatever it is that is hindering me from feeling adequate enough to fast for God's guidance and presence in my life again. For me to take back control of what I allow in my life, my heart and my body. This may be just what I need, a cleansing mentally, spiritually, physically and emotionally. So with huge amounts of self doubt I have already begun my journey by weening myself off of my daily latte's and quiet requests of guidance from the Lord above. I pray father that you help me not fail, help me inspire, help me heal and help me become a better person during this season... Amen!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment