Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Breaking a plateau

Happy Workout Wednesday :) I have finally broken my plateau. My weight moved in the right direction this morning and I am hoping to keep this momentum going. I was so frustrated with this plateau that yesterday I went back into my food logs to see what I was eating when my results were great last time so I could repeat those things. While I was doing that I also noticed that some of my workouts were of higher intensity than they are right now. 


So yesterday I picked up the pace and pushed myself a little harder in every exercise that I did.  Not only is changing what your eating and the quality of the calories a great way to break a plateau, so is giving more intensity during your workouts. Push yourself harder if even for just a minute more. I heard once that just when you think you don't have anything left to give, you can probably give about 20% more. So one of the things I did when I was seeing great results was push to do my burpees with the correct form and a full set unbroken. So I added this video to show you how to do a burpee correctly. You can always eliminate the jump if you have bad knees and if your a beginner just step back one leg at a time instead of the full thrust back. So add 3 sets of 10 unbroken burpees if possible. During every workout from here on out push a little bit hard as often as possible and keep track of your intensity, how you feel and your results. I guarantee you will be amazed at what you didn't think you could do. As always, have a Wonderful Workout Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment