Sunday, April 2, 2017

This next 10lbs

Happy Sunday y'all, you know I was just thinking about goals today and yesterday as it is a new month. I am down 10.4 pounds as of the last time I weighed and I was thinking what that meant for my journey. That means that the next 10 pounds is going to be a huge deal for me. This next 10lbs will completely change my body. It will be during this next 10lb weight loss that the people that I am around daily will start to notice. I will officially go from medium/large (depending on the cut) to medium/small. It will take this next layer of fat off of my body exposing more of the muscle I have built. This next 10lbs will take me from borderline overweight to looking pretty fit. But that is only if I don't give up.

I would be lying if I said this isn't going to be hard or daunting. I would be lying if I said I won't want to give up or quit. I mean let's face it, this shit is hard, it has it's emotional ups and downs and it's not going to be easy. I am going to have those days where I don't want to push myself, I don't want to workout or eat right. I will have days where I just don't want to fight for this anymore and I just want to stop trying and eat what I want. There will be tears and feelings of despair and defeat. But that is when I have to remember my "WHY". Why am I doing this? Why am I fighting so hard to change when the results are so slow? Why do I care? Because even though it's hard, even though it sucks some days, even though I feel like I am never going to get there..... I will and I am happier trying than I am when I have given up. Plain and simply there is by far more joy in my life when I am eating right and working out. The journey is so much more rewarding than hitting the finish line. I know that sounds like bullshit but think back to the last time you had given up....how happy were you? So I look at this next 10lb journey as a possible spiritual, learning experience. The first 10lbs already taught me so much about my body and what works best for it. Now this 10 can teach me more about myself on a deeper more spiritual level. It sounds crazy doesn't it, but think about it. To get past all of the desires to give up I am going to have to tap into something on a much deeper level within me to keep going. Which means getting real with myself about who I am and who I want to be. Anyways, I am rambling. I guess my point is for me to focus on the journey at this stage and what it can teach me along with what it will mean for my fitness level and outward appearance. So get deep with yourself today, what does your goal for April mean to you in every aspect of your life and connect to your "why" for doing this so on those days when your mentally, physically and emotionally tired of the ups and downs of this journey you can push through....at least until the next day. Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment