Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Self Sabotage is a bitch


You ever get to a point in your weight loss journey where you are about to hit a milestone? A weight you haven't been in a year or more and you can literally taste it. But then something happens. Your period comes (sorry guys) and your an emotional wreck, all you want to do is eat chocolate, pizza and other comfort foods to make your raging hormones quiet down. Or something in your life goes wrong and it sends you on an emotional junk food bender or your just plain craving junk food...you don't know why...and you can't stop yourself. And there it goes, that milestone that you were so close to...... yet again.

That is where I am right now, I am about to hit a weight I haven't been in almost a year. I am hoping I will hit it in the morning but it may take until Friday to get there. Either way, I have reached this point a few times over the last 9 months or so and every time something happens and I throw it all away..yet again.

Did you know that's called self sabotage? One my many character flaws :) And it doesn't help that as you lose weight your body is working against you to hold on to that fat. There are physiological reasons why it gets harder and harder to lose weight dating back to the beginning of time for survival reasons...but i won't get into that because that shit will bore you.,,,lol

But there is also a psychological component as well that most of us don't even recognize. Right now even though I know I am about to hit this milestone, I have wanted junk food all day and I have felt a little like crying because I won't give in... I want to emotionally eat because I am going through something and the fact that I won't give in to what my body is used to is making me weepy.... Our hormones are run by the devil I swear....lol

Anyways, I am sort of rambling. I guess what I am saying is for some reason this time I recognized the pattern and I am fighting like hell to not give in, to break the cycle and self sabotage no more...

Sorry for the long post...I hope that helped someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment