Sunday, July 2, 2017

Can you believe it's July

Can you believe it's July already? How far are you from your goals? What do you need to do to get there? The beginning of the month always makes me think goals. The great thing about July is it's a longer month so you get a few extra days to reach them. What would you like to accomplish this month? Now is the time to think about that and to come up with a plan.


My goal is to work on a really good speed workout that I like, that is actually working. I want to run the run leg of my triathlon in September faster. I want to break into a consistent 10-11 minute mile.
I created my own speed workout that worked for my half marathon. I ran it almost half an hour faster than the first year. So I'm going to use that as a gage to make one for my next tri. I really slacked on my speed training for this race coming up next week (the Peachtree Road race) so I'm not sure how thats gonna go.


My pace has been shit the last couple of runs. I don't know if it's my diet or poor sleep lately or what. I'm hoping my pre-race donuts ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ will help. Lol. That's my race ritual, I get to eat two donuts before my races,  3 before marathons and triathlons ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I tell people I do it for the glycogen stores which is partially true but it's also a treat for participating in something like that. Plus who doesn't love donuts or sugar in some form or another?
Anyways, enough of my ramblings. I need to go to bed. I'm exhausted. Goodnight ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’›

No comments:

Post a Comment