Monday, July 10, 2017

Change fu*ckin sucks

Happy Monday, I like Mondays. I know a lot of people don't but I do. I think of it as my clean slate, my chance to get right this week what I didin't last week. So if there was a goal I fell short of last week, I sit down and go over what I did and where I can make some changes. That is why tracking helps. I track everything I eat, even the bad stuff so I know what happened if my weight stalled or I gained. I track what I did for workouts and if I ate strategically for them or not. So I know why I had energy or why I was lacking it. That part takes practice but simple tracking is pretty easy. Once you start doing that it makes a world of difference trust me.
 

 
So this morning I looked at what I did yesterday as I have a crazy goal this week that I am not going to share....lol and I saw what I could change and I did the same thing Saturday and it's working. Today I am going to add in a little something that could backfire but what the heck, ya gotta go for it right?
Anyways, my point is just look at this week as 7 chances to change just one thing. And I know it's hard, change fu*ckin sucks. I know because I have to constantly change things that I get used to and like. Like the heavy cream in my coffee that I have recently fallen in love with...gone as of Friday and the first day I could feel me resisting it. I was uncomfortable and annoyed that I couldn't have it, but today not so much. If you stay comfortable you don't grow, you stay the same. I don't know about you but I am so glad I didn't stay the old Phyllis because I'd more than likely be hungover or still drinking right now...yes at 9:30 in the morning, chain smoking a pack of cigarettes and fake smiling my way through the day instead of feeling real joy, and having a real life.  So pick one thing this week and get rid of it, or find a healthier substitution and go for it. Happy Monday, Carpe diem 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment