Thursday, July 5, 2018

Creating a new balance

Last we "spoke" I was reconciling with my husband. Well we are back to living under the same roof again, which has it's ups and downs. My husband is not always the best influence on a healthy lifestyle. He thinks he is but more often than not he isn't. One of the things I struggled with the most was his always wanting to eat out. So finding my balance since us moving back in together has been tough to say the least.

I really think of it as creating a new balance versus finding my old balance because the dynamics are different. I now have to consider cooking for two other people again, their cravings and treat moods. So often I find myself retreating to my bedroom early as to avoid falling into the treat trap they have created here. I have to create a new mindset and backup plan for when I'm feeling out numbered in the bad decision arena.

I have to create a new routine......does that make sense? Or a new safe space. The good thing is I think I know where to start and the beauty in creating anything is deciding what you want that to feel and look like. This gives me the freedom to sit quietly and get to know me, where I am right now and reinvent or renew myself. That's exciting....right? This gives me the opportunity to decide what I want this time in my life to look like, how I want it to feel and how I want to move in it. How do I want to recreate me?

Well..... I know I want to be well put together, elegant, athletic, well versed, cultured, zen, loving, nurturing, successful, well traveled, fun, funny, at peace, spiritual and in love. That's what I want to create. I am excited <3

No comments:

Post a Comment