Saturday, February 13, 2016





21 Day fix spaghetti and meatballs

I loved this recipe for meatballs, they were delicious. I used some for my spaghetti which I had for dinner two nights in a row and I had some with my breakfast for two mornings in a row. They have amazing flavor.

I box of whole wheat pasta (I used organic but it doesn't really matter).
I used all natural spaghetti sauce
But the meatballs make this dish:

Non stick cooking spray
1/3 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup of reduced fat (2%) milk
or unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp of olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 lbs of all natural ground turkey 93% lean
2 large eggs
1/4 cup  finely chopped parsley
2 Tbsp of grated parmesan
1 tsp  of dried oregano
1/2 tsp of Himalayan sea salt
1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
4 cups of all natural tomato, spaghetti or marinara

Pre heat oven to 425
Line large baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly coat with spray
Mix bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl and set aside to soak for 10 minutes
Heat oil in medium skillet on medium heat
Add onion, turkey, eggs, cheese, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture in a large bowl mix well.  You can refrigerate for an hour or make them right away depending on the kind of time you have.
Roll your meatballs and place on the parchment paper you sprayed earlier and place in a baking sheet.
Bake for 13 to 18 minutes or brown and thoroughly cooked.
Serve over pasta with your sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment