Tuesday, May 10, 2016

 
 
Moist Herb Roasted Chicken
 
One of the things I like have in the fridge is a roasted chicken. I used to get rotisserie chickens but, I don't know what they put on them, let alone if it is a quality hormone and antibiotic free chicken. So I started making them myself. I use the breasts meat for my salads and the legs, thighs and wings I use for dinners. It is so quick and easy, I literally prepare it in minutes. Then I throw it in the oven while I workout and Viola 2-3 lunches and 1 nights dinner for a family of 3 and I know it's clean and healthy. 

Start with a whole chicken up to 3lbs.
 1/2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of thyme

  • Preheat your oven to 450 degrees before starting to prepare the chicken.

    Place the whole chicken into a medium sized baking pan.
    Rub the entire bird with the olive oil.
    In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and paprika, rosemary, garlic powder and thyme then sprinkle evenly over chicken. Lift the skin over the breast and rub the seasoning mixture over the breast meat and rub some inside the cavity of the chicken.
    In the preheated oven bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
    Lower the oven to 300 degrees.
    Continue baking for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and juices run clear.
    Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving. (This allows for the juices to flow back in..)
    I hope you enjoy :)
     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment