Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Another plateau

The closer I get to my goal weight the more I hit snags and struggles. So what I have been doing lately is calorie/carb cycling. Which is actually a part of my fix meal plan. Now the idea behind it is to re-feed your muscles and tissues to keep you from hitting a plateau.
You ever notice how you'll be doing good for a few weeks and then things get harder, and your energy is lacking. It could be because your body needs a bit more energy in the form of nutrition. Especially if you have some really intense workout sessions. You can't go low cal and low carb consistently without your body needing a bit of a change. So here's a little bit of an idea on how to do it.
 So your necessary caloric intake comes in a range, whether it be for bulking or cutting. That range is a safe place to move about to see what works best for your body. My calorie range for weight loss is between 1316 and 1433. So on really intense cardio days like a full body hammer power workout or a long run or hike I get close to if not a little over (only by a few calories) that 1433 number. On less intense days I stay right around that lower number. I also adjust my carbs and proteins accordingly as well but don't worry about that part just yet. Anyways, I hope that was helpful for someone. I am working on having a calorie and macros calculator added to my blog so until then you can use your smart phone the "myfitnesspal app" is great for tracking but that calorie counter where it adds in more calories for your workouts..UMMM!!! not so much.. If you have any questions message me and we can get yours figured out for you for FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment