Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Transformation requires change

I have decided to drop a few things from my diet again. I have put the good old trusty, dusty sweet potato hash back into rotation...OMG!!! I forgot how much I loved this recipe. I love it because it is 100% clean, from the natural goodness of the carbs from the sweet potatoes (which don't be fooled ladies, your body needs carbs) to the fresh kale and spinach, my eggs over medium and all natural ground turkey mixed in. This is a protein packed delicious breakfast treat and I've switched back to black coffee. You know if you have a good coffee blend it tastes really good without all the added chemicals from sugar free creamers etc.



 Now those are all changes I have made as personal choice. I know in order to continue to transform my body I have to be willing to give up things along the way that could cause or contribute to a plateau or a stall in gains.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not 100% willing at this moment. I actually threw an internal temper tantrum about having to change my coffee this morning. I wasn't happy about it at all. But that's human nature...we don't like change and we don't like to give up things that give us pleasure. Even if that pleasure is an illusion. The illusion being that artificially sweetened creamer creates a chemical reaction in your body that makes you feel good or happy. But we shouldn't rely on food to have those emotions....but that's a totally different topic. Anyways, transformation isn't easy, it's a conscious effort and decision to do something different over and over again.....even before it starts to feel good.

Happy Transformation Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment