Thursday, May 4, 2017

The high I keep chasing

One of the toughest things about running is that little voice in my head that makes me want to quit. The mental battle that takes place when I am on a run is freakin' nuts. These are some of the thoughts that go through my mind when I'm running:

"I don't want to do this" "this fu^kin' sucks", "oh my God how much further are you going", "No all of this is just in my head" I can do this" I know my body can do it, I've done it before" then the high kicks in, my body adjusts, my breathing slows and for a moment everything gets quiet except for my music..... the beats fuel my drive, my legs are gliding and they feel good, I've got a good pace and nothing hurts. The endorphins have kicked in and I feel like the athlete that I always knew I could be........and that lasts for about 30 seconds..and it all starts back over again...lol 

No, it lasts a bit longer than that but it's legit a constant mental battle the entire run. But those bursts of "the runners high" feels so good that it keeps me going. And then it's over and you think... man..... I can't wait to do that again. You are pretty much chasing that high. But instead of rehab you end up with a hot body..lol  😀

No comments:

Post a Comment