Friday, June 2, 2017

Your life is on the other side of fear.

  1. Happy Friday, you know what I was just thinking? Of course you don't, so I'm gonna tell ya...lol. I was thinking about the things that hold us back. This morning as I weighed myself and noticed how much closer I am to my goals. I started to think about getting there; what happens when I get there? what happens after I get there? what happens if I lose focus before I get there? Seeing more of my success this morning evoked feelings of fear. Isn't that strange? 
  2. I've known ...for a while that although I was miserable being heavier and eating crap, there's a certain level of comfort there. In my misery was familiarity, I knew what to expect. But this is not familiar. I don't know what it's like getting there and to continue moving forward is unchartered territory. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what it's gonna be like and that's a little scary...even though I know I want it.
  3. Those feelings alone: the fear, the uncertainty can be all it takes to send you into a tailspin and ruin all your hard work. I'm going to be completely transparent right now....I'm a little scared. I'm scared of "what if I fail" and "what if it's not enough"?
  4. Enough of what I don't really know. I'm thinking it might be "what if it's not enough to make me happy" or to make me feel whole or complete. But you see that's how this journey goes. Weight-loss is way more than about what your putting into your mouth and how often you move your body. A lot of times it's deeper issues. Not feeling worthy or capable. Now while I don't completely understand all of the feelings I'm having right now, what's important is that I recognize it, do my best to work through it and channel it into energy to fuel my workouts. That's all I really can do. As much as I'm afraid, going backward just isn't an option. Moving forward, even if it's one small step at a time is💛. Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment