Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Getting faster


Best run EVERRRRRR!! I felt so freakin' good on this run. When I say I want to cry. I love running but I thought I would just have to settle for being a slower runner. I had been running about the same pace for a couple of years. I would get a little faster sometimes but never by much. 

Then to further drive home what I thought was my destined speed in my biomechanics class I learned that some of us just have more slow twitch muscles. So, I made peace with my consistently slow pace. I mean, nothing is wrong with being a slow runner, but I wanted to be faster. So as you know I started a program called 80 Day obsession.
Well let me just tell you, I knew that working on my core and my glutes would help with my running but I had no idea that this is what I was in store for.
Today my recovery run was 1 minute and 27 seconds faster per mile than my usual pace. My whole perspective of what kind of runner I am destined to be has just changed. It used to be that I thought getting under a 10 minute mile would never happen for me.....well not anymore.  I couldn't be happier and more pumped right now. Day 40/80 #i❤️running #runningmakesmehappy

No comments:

Post a Comment