- 1/2 box of Whole Wheat pasta
- 1 red container or 3/4 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 jar of all natural tomato sauce
- 1/2lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c of Italian shredded cheese
- 1 tsp each of oregano, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, basil, sea salt, and black pepper.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook the noodles to desired consistency, while noodles are cooking brown your ground turkey in the olive oil. Drain excess fat after browning. In a large bowl mix ricotta, sauce, spices, noodles and cooked and drained turkey. Stir well until combined. Pour mixture into a 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes on 350 or until cheese melted and bubbly. This is by far my fav baked ziti recipe and guilt free.